Sunday, September 16, 2018

I’m doing this... but not what the last update said!

So, after several consultations and appointments with two dieticians and a psychologist in June, I got mad at the second dietician. I saw a commercial about the Orbera balloon and thought, “Oh, yeah, right; this must be a scam or rip-off.”

Nope. Mayo Clinic does this procedure, and if it’s good enough for Mayo, it’s good enough for me.


So here I sit in my hotel room, getting ready for a week of appointments and classes. Tomorrow morning I have lab work (no food after 7:40pm tonight!), then meet with the endocrinology department and a psychologist. Tuesday and Wednesday I have to participate in two full days (7am to 6pm) of their Healthy Living Program. Thursday morning my gastric balloon will be inserted, and Friday morning I have a post-procedure follow-up, then I can go home.


I have been reading 3 different Facebook support groups (Gastric Balloon Group, Gastric Balloon Support Group, and Orbera Support Group). I have my liquids, barf bags, supplements, etc., and I’m ready to rock this next 6 months with the balloon! I want to make the most of this time to form new habits, retrain my brain, and get in better physical shape. I joined the YMCA and have been working with a personal trainer. 


After 6 months the balloon comes out, and I have another 6 months of support from Mayo. I am hoping to lose half of what I need to while the balloon is in, and then continue the hard work and lose the rest and make my goal. (I promised to knit myself a sweater when I get close to goal.)


I can do this!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment